Have you seen what Walgreen’s has now? They are shaped like Mickey Mouse. They produce a lot of air. They have three messages to entertain you while you feel relief from the summer sun. They are Mickey Mouse fans! I am a fan! You would expect to pay a lot for these, but they are $6 at Walgreen’s. Go! Go NOW!
Just in time for your summer vacation, there is a new land opening at Walt Disney World! Inside Hollywood Studios, the new Toy Story Land will open on June 30, 2018.
So what’s in the new land? There is a new Slinky Dog roller coaster that coils around curves, hills, and drops. In addition, there will be Alien Swirling Saucers that will swirl you in an alien rocket. You can go into Andy’s room and blast your way through a carnival themed arcade. Finally, Woody’s Lunch box will be open for themed treats and to make you an “honorary” toy.
According to the Disney Tourist blog, “The premise of the land is to shrink guests to the size of a toy to enter the land. The attractions will include a family-friendly roller coaster where guests board Slinky Dog’s back for a ride on a “coaster kit” toy that Andy has built in his play area (think Gadget’s Go Coaster or Barnstormer). The other attraction will be an Alien saucers attraction, with the little green aliens from the movie taking guests for a spin in their very own flying saucers (think Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree).”
Are you going to be one of the first people to try this new land?
I know a lot of you are planning your Spring Break trips to Disneyland, so I thought I would offer my advice.
1) Our ultimate trip is Sunday – Thursday (add a day if you want to see Harry Potter at Universal). We drive on Sunday and arrive around dinner time. We make reservations for Goofy’s Kitchen for Sunday night. We get great pictures and autographs with the characters and starts our Disney trip off with a bang.
Monday: Disneyland Tuesday: California Adventure Wednesday: Disneyland Thursday: Eat breakfast in Downtown Disney and travel home
2) Stay as close to the park as you can afford. Use Hilton points for the Hilton. Good Neighbor hotels are always a good choice. Plan to stay within walking distance.
3) Purchase your tickets online. If your kids are younger, no need to Park Hopper, one park is enough.
4) Download the Disneyland Mobile App. It has Park Maps, Character locations, Wait Times, Dining Options, Shop locations, Restroom locations, PhotoPass, Entertainment and so much more
5) Buy MaxPass. Once in the park, this lets you get all of your Fastpasses on your phone. It also gives you access to all of the professional photos that the Disney Cast Members take.
6) Pack basic snacks. Every restaurant and food kiosk offers free ice water, so with a few snacks, you can eat one meal at the Park each day. We prefer to carry one backpack with hand sanitizer, power bars and apples.
7) Make Restaurant Reservations – we usually eat at two nice places each trip. Goofy’s kitchen for the characters and Carthage Circle (California Adventure) for the relaxing atmosphere.
When you enter Disneyland, get Fantasmic Fast Passes. These are paper tickets and do not interfere with the ride fast passes.
When you enter California Adventure, get World of Color Fast Passes. These are paper tickets and do not interfere with your fast passes.
Have fun and ride everything once!
Mickey Mouse is the most iconic animated character to receive a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. He received his star on November 13, 1978. He has been followed by other notables such as Snow White on June 28, 1987 and Donald Duck in 2004. Many beloved Disney icons have received stars including Tinker Bell, Winnie the Pooh, and Kermit the Frog. But what about his beloved co-star? Minnie Mouse?
Minnie Mouse made her theatrical debut 90 years ago in the iconic Steamboat Willie Cartoon. She has been Mickey’s beloved co-star ever since. I guess since the new movement for equality in the arts, someone recognized that America’s Sweetheart deserved a star of her own!
The polka-dot bow wearing mouse is being honored upon her 90th anniversary in entertainment with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Minnie will receive her star on Monday, Jan. 22 at 11:30 a.m. PT at 6834 Hollywood Boulevard in front of Disney’s El Capitan Theatre, dedicated in the category of Motion Pictures. Congratulations Minnie!
Who else do you think deserves a star?
picture from internet