What is better than a visit to the Magic Kingdom? A special Christmas party with Mickey Mouse at the Magic Kingdom! Disney offers this with Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party which is offered on available nights and has a special charge of $89. So is it worth an extra $89?
1) The park closes at 6 pm on the night of the party, but ticket holders can enter the park at 4 pm and usually the party ends at midnight or later.
2) Most attractions are still open during the event, so you can ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train without a 90 minute wait.
3) The number of tickets is limited, so the crowds are less once the party starts at 7 pm.
4) There are over a dozen beloved Disney Characters wearing their holiday attire spread around the park for hugs, autoographs and photos. This year we enjoyed rare appearances with Jack Skellington, Scrooge McDuck and Captain Jack Sparrow.
5) The night begins with an extravagant show where Mickey invites his friends to the party. Then Elsa transforms the castle. Next is the Once Upon a Christmastime Parade which features new Disney Carols, magic and cheer. There are dance parties in Tomorrowland and at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe.
6) There are complimentary, delicious yuletide sweets and season beverages. We loved the Snowman shaped soft pretzel and snow cone. Hot Hubby was crazy about the Ginger cookie and Eggnog.
7) The grand finale is Holiday Wishes fireworks over the Cinderella Castle. This was the biggest and most spectacular fireworks I have seen. It was worth the ticket price.
We added dessert at the Be Our Guest Restaurant and had the best night of our trip!
Are you a holly jolly kind of person, or more of the last-minute Scrooge type? Do you take your family picture in August and order your Christmas cards in October? I am more of the first and Hot Hubby is more of the second. We visited Disney World in early November. The Magic Kingdom was decorated for Christmas and the carols were playing. I have been in the Christmas mood since.
One of my favorite things about Christmas is the anticipation! I love Advent calendars that countdown the days and this year Disney fans can countdown in many ways.
There are Marvel countdowns and Star Wars Countdowns. But my favorite is the Target exclusive Tsum Tsum countdown calendar. Behind each of the 24 doors lies a unique surprise, guaranteed to make everyday feel like Christmas morning. When you complete the countdown, they all form a Christmas Train that you can play with all year. What an ingenious addition to the traditional calendar. Now the wait for Santa won’t seem so long after all … I just have to figure out how to contain Hot Hubby’s excitement until December 1.
What is your Christmas Personality?
<a href=”https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/19170727/?claim=nsr9ur647mn”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
Hot Hubby and I just returned from a week in Orlando. We met our daughter and son-in-law and two granddaughters for a week of adventure, thrills, sites, sounds and Christmas. Disney is decorated for Christmas and looks more magical than ever!
I know, you are probably thinking, isn’t it too early for Christmas? Disney is designed to be the happiest place on earth, so what makes you happier than Christmas carols, Gingerbread houses, toy soldiers, Christmas decorations and Santa Claus. I think it is never to early for Christmas! And seeing Mickey dressed in red plaid, just makes me even happier!
What do you think? Too early for Christmas? Check out the pictures and tell me it doesn’t make you smile!