What is better than a visit to the Magic Kingdom? A special Christmas party with Mickey Mouse at the Magic Kingdom! Disney offers this with Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party which is offered on available nights and has a special charge of $89. So is it worth an extra $89?
1) The park closes at 6 pm on the night of the party, but ticket holders can enter the park at 4 pm and usually the party ends at midnight or later.
2) Most attractions are still open during the event, so you can ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train without a 90 minute wait.
3) The number of tickets is limited, so the crowds are less once the party starts at 7 pm.
4) There are over a dozen beloved Disney Characters wearing their holiday attire spread around the park for hugs, autoographs and photos. This year we enjoyed rare appearances with Jack Skellington, Scrooge McDuck and Captain Jack Sparrow.
5) The night begins with an extravagant show where Mickey invites his friends to the party. Then Elsa transforms the castle. Next is the Once Upon a Christmastime Parade which features new Disney Carols, magic and cheer. There are dance parties in Tomorrowland and at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe.
6) There are complimentary, delicious yuletide sweets and season beverages. We loved the Snowman shaped soft pretzel and snow cone. Hot Hubby was crazy about the Ginger cookie and Eggnog.
7) The grand finale is Holiday Wishes fireworks over the Cinderella Castle. This was the biggest and most spectacular fireworks I have seen. It was worth the ticket price.
We added dessert at the Be Our Guest Restaurant and had the best night of our trip!