Are you traveling to Disney World with young children or someone who is only semi-brave? Perhaps someone from your group won’t meet the height requirements for every ride? What is a family to do? Disown the shortcake? Bully the chicken into riding? No! Use the Rider Switch Program!
If Guests in your party can’t or don’t want to board an attraction, you don’t have to miss out!
If a child does not meet the height requirement or a Guest does not wish to board a particular attraction, no problem! With Rider Switch, one adult can wait with the non-rider (or riders) while the rest of the party enjoys the attraction. When the other adult returns, they can supervise the non-riding Guests, and the waiting adult can board the attraction without having to wait in the regular line again!
Rider Switch is available at select attractions at all 4 Walt Disney World Resort theme parks. I will tell you how this worked for Hot Hubby and me.
1. First check with a Cast member to see if Rider Switch is offered at the attraction in question.
2. Once at the attraction, approach the greeting Cast Member with your entire party. Hot Hubby and I (who are not riding) were given a Ride Switch pass and asked to wait with our young granddaughter in a designated area (usually outside of the attraction). This group is “Party B.”
3. The other party members (“Party A”) ride the attraction.
4. After riding the attraction, Party A locates Party B and gives the Rider Switch pass to Hot Hubby and I who will be riding. Party A takes over supervision of the non-riding granddaughter.
5. Hot Hubby and I entered and boarded the attraction without having to wait in the regular queue a second time. The Rider Switch Pass must be presented to a Cast Member at this time.
It gives us alone time with our granddaughter, and then we can give her back to her parents, before we get to ride the attraction. It is win-win!